[lltx] behaviour of luaotfload

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Tue May 18 16:21:10 CEST 2010

Elie Roux a écrit :
> !LuaTeX error: cannot find OpenType font file for reading
> ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
>
> at the end of the compilation... does someone know where it comes
> from? It appears if a font is in the TEXMFHOME directory and is called
> with \font directly (with or without file: at the beginning). Do other
> people have this problem? Also, the current method doesn't work with
> font in the current directory, which is a quite strong regression.
> I'll try to fix it, but it's not that simple, as I didn't write
> anything in names.resolve(); Khaled, could you take a look?

After some testing, it's easy to reproduce it by putting a font only in
TEXMFHOME... (copy fxlr.otf in TEXMFHOME/fonts/opentype/newfont.otf and
try to load it). This looks like a bug in LuaTeX... this could be
patched by putting the absolute name in the database for TEXMFHOME, do
you think it would be a good idea? Can someone confirm the bug so that I
can bugreport it?

> Also, the behaviour seems strange in very simple cases: if I do
> \font\test=fxlri.otf, it will try to look for the name, and if won't
> find it, so it will regenerate the database and try again. Wouldn't it
> be better to look if we find a font file extention to the name, and
> then simply return instead of regenerating the database?

I fixed the behaviour in the last push I made... please tell me if you
see wrong things in it. Will, I'll try to merge your code soon.

Thank you,
--
Elie