[lltx] behaviour of luaotfload

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Tue May 18 14:41:28 CEST 2010

Hello,

with the current master of luaotfload, I get an error

!LuaTeX error: cannot find OpenType font file for reading
 ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

at the end of the compilation... does someone know where it comes from?
It appears if a font is in the TEXMFHOME directory and is called with
\font directly (with or without file: at the beginning). Do other people
have this problem? Also, the current method doesn't work with font in
the current directory, which is a quite strong regression. I'll try to
fix it, but it's not that simple, as I didn't write anything in
names.resolve(); Khaled, could you take a look?

Also, the behaviour seems strange in very simple cases: if I do
\font\test=fxlri.otf, it will try to look for the name, and if won't
find it, so it will regenerate the database and try again. Wouldn't it
be better to look if we find a font file extention to the name, and then
simply return instead of regenerating the database?

Thank you,
--
Elie