[lltx] Regarding fontspec

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon May 17 18:29:18 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 12:15:00AM +0930, Will Robertson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Although I didn't manage to look at everything I'd hoped over this weekend, I'm now relatively happy with the state of fontspec and LuaTeX. More documentation needs to be organised and I need to get better examples in there, but that can happen over the next few weeks.
>
> luaotfload seems to be behaving itself on Mac OS X well enough in my fork; I recommend pulling in at least the intention behind what I've committed there (if not the exact code if you'd prefer to write it yourself).

I'm not very exited about hardcoding system font directories into the
code, why OSFONTDIR is there then?, but I've no problem applying your
patch for now. For TTC and LastResort font, I'm still thinking on a more
general font blacklisting way, I'm thinking in a special lua file
containing a simple table with entries that are either font names or
filenames, and it can be exact matches or pattens, something like:

blacklist = {
    {"LastResort", "name"},
    {".ttc$", "file"},
}

What do you think?

> Can you test that everything still works for you? :)

The example file works for me, but I didn't check any further.