[lltx] mkluatexfontdb & Mac OS X

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sun May 16 18:29:11 CEST 2010

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 06:48:41PM +0300, Elie Roux wrote:
> Khaled Hosny a écrit :
> >$ export OSFONTDIR="/usr/share/fonts"
> >$ kpsewhich -expand-path='$OSFONTDIR'
> >/usr/share/fonts
>
> Agreed. But, as I said, the black magic is not in OSFONTDIR, it's in
> the way it's included in OPENTYPEFONTS, try kpsewhich
> --expand-patch='$OPENTYPEFONTS' and see the magic. Saying that, it
> just occured to me that the code I wrote about that is on the good
> way but is still buggy...

Well, then I see to possible solutions:
* ignore the actual value of OSFONTDIR, if it is set then kpse can found
  those fonts, so treat them all as TEXMF fonts. This might even be more
  desired as in case user moving his system font dirs around and
  updating OSFONTDIR, to us it'll be still the same and no updates
  needed.
* see why kpse (texmf.cnf) is doing so, if there is no good reason then
  fix it.