[lltx] Can luatex auto-run mkluatexfontdb ?

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sun May 16 17:41:57 CEST 2010

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 05:59:21PM +0300, Elie Roux wrote:
> Khaled Hosny a écrit :
> >Elie?
>
> Last time I checked yes... but I changed my job, and I don't have
> windows anymore... Also it should be tested under a non-cygwin
> windows... I'll try to do it but my hard disk is full and it's hard
> to find some room for a windows VM...
>
> > Yet another reason to try to get rid of the fc-list hack in the
> >future, if we had a ready to use xml library for use with lualatex,
> >then we can just parse fontconfig files and not need the command line
> >tools at all.
>
> I'm not sure redoing fc-list in lua is a fantastic idea... having
> fontconfig bindings in lua would be more interesting in my
> opinion... But anyway, this is extremely low priority...

ConTeXt already does it (I suggested it to Hans while ago), it is not
that hard as we don't actually use any of fontconfig's magic (we don't
need it actually), all what we need is a list of font directories and
parsing fontfconfig files (plain xml files) for "dir" and "include"
keywords is not a big deal once we have an xml library.