[lltx] Can luatex auto-run mkluatexfontdb ?

Diederick C. Niehorster dcnieho at gmail.com
Sun May 16 16:28:46 CEST 2010

> Interesting. As a XeTeX user, I wasn't even aware of that :-) So, you never need
> to run fc-cache manually?
>
> Somehow unrelated: I just realised mkluatexfontsdb uses io.popen(). Last time I
> checked, this function was not working on windows. Did anyone test luaotfload on
> windows?
>
> Manuel.

about 1.5 months ago, mkluatexfontsdb worked on windows (most of the
time, barring some unexplained stops randomly in the middle).

FYI, XeteX in windows seems rather smart as well. When a font is not
found (e.g. I just dropped it in one of the font trees in the tex
tree) there is a halt in execution for a few seconds (presumably xetex
is searching for the font) and the document compiles fine.

Best,
Dee