[lltx] mkluatexfontdb & Mac OS X

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sun May 16 12:06:28 CEST 2010

On 16/05/2010, at 6:37 PM, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 16/05/2010, at 2:48 PM, Elie Roux wrote:
>>
>> That would be an idea... anyway, does the master version of khaledhosny/luaotfload work well for you? does it find fonts in ~/Library/fonts? I was not sure about the ~...
>

> Yep, that's working well now.

Scratch that; using "~" is no good. I've pushed a fix to that line that you can use as inspiration if you like :)

I'm still confused about all the different ways mkluatexfontdb scans through directories and when.

Without $OSFONTDIR, the script searches through the static font locations recursively. But if you set $OSFONTDIR to those locations, it then searches through them non-recursively. I guess the biggest confusion is why scan_texmf_tree uses osdirs to search through non-texmf locations. And in doing so, what is the purposes of OSFONTDIR?

-- Will