[lltx] mkluatexfontdb & Mac OS X

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sun May 16 11:07:23 CEST 2010

On 16/05/2010, at 8:16 AM, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

> Le 15/05/2010 23:12, Arthur Reutenauer a écrit :
>>> After some research, it seems that XeTeX uses something called "Apple
>>> Type Services" on OSX... so this means we should have a special case
>>> for OSX.
>>
>>  Sure; that being said, wouldn't it be more coherent to check for
>> fc-list first, and only then resort to a manual OSFONTDIR?
>>
> I think so.

Except fc-list, even if it exists on Mac OS X, won't necessarily contain a listing of the system-installed fonts. Wait. Maybe it will. (It seems to on my machine.)

I'm slightly more comfortable at this stage with just using the standard font directories; perhaps later we can think about using fc-list as well (or instead).

On 16/05/2010, at 2:48 PM, Elie Roux wrote:

> Arthur Reutenauer a écrit :
>> Sure; that being said, wouldn't it be more coherent to check for
>> fc-list first, and only then resort to a manual OSFONTDIR?
>>

> That would be an idea... anyway, does the master version of khaledhosny/luaotfload work well for you? does it find fonts in ~/Library/fonts? I was not sure about the ~...

Yep, that's working well now.
Even though it's not as important now, I still think it would be a good idea to include the check for no extension:

        local ext = match(line,"^.+%.([^/\\]-)$") or ""
        ext = lower(ext)

Thanks,

-- Will