[lltx] Old archives

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Fri May 14 12:02:05 CEST 2010

On 14/05/2010, at 7:19 PM, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

> I'm glad to announce I found a way to import the archives from the old group in
> pipermail (mailman's archiver).

Nice, thanks!

> The process is not perfect, as you can notice by looking at this month's
> archive. Part of one of my message was considered a separate message for some
> reason (most probably the paragraph starting with a line matching '^From.*:')
> and put as the last message of the archive with [nosubject]. I assume this is a
> bug of mailman's archiver, but I don't feel like investigating further.

Certainly nothing to worry about.

> I'm under the impression that only messages posted by you are archived (since,
> as the administrator, you're now the only one allowed to post to the group).

On the contrary, your message is now there:

http://groups.google.com/group/lualatex-dev/msg/898274b13fb4f202

Don't ask me how this works, though :)

> I'm
> not sure if it is possible to archive the list on google without falling in the
> same problem (spam or mandatory subscription) as before. IMO, archiving on
> google groups could be cool if it is easy to set up, but isn't worth the effort
> if it's causing problems.

As far as I know (just a quick check, then), it's impossible for anyone but me to post to the list, but it's still tracking the messages sent to the tug mailing list.

I don't know if it's worth keeping -- besides the better searching -- but until there's harm done (which I can't see how, seeing as this group itself is public) I see no reason not to keep it there.

-- Will