[lltx] Old archives

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Fri May 14 11:49:47 CEST 2010

Hi,

Le 14/05/2010 07:12, Will Robertson a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Just in case people are looking for older archives of the lualatex-dev group, please visit
>
>     http://groups.google.com/group/lualatex-dev/

I'm glad to announce I found a way to import the archives from the old group in
pipermail (mailman's archiver). I took the maildir archive of the group on my
mail server, converted it to mailbox, then it was enough to replace the mbox
file containing the archive with this mbox file on the server and update the index.

The process is not perfect, as you can notice by looking at this month's
archive. Part of one of my message was considered a separate message for some
reason (most probably the paragraph starting with a line matching '^From.*:')
and put as the last message of the archive with [nosubject]. I assume this is a
bug of mailman's archiver, but I don't feel like investigating further.

> At present, that address is also archiving messages to this current mailing
> list. (I think, anyway.) I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not, but being
> able to search through the group using Google's tools is a possible
> advantage.

I'm under the impression that only messages posted by you are archived (since,
as the administrator, you're now the only one allowed to post to the group). I'm
not sure if it is possible to archive the list on google without falling in the
same problem (spam or mandatory subscription) as before. IMO, archiving on
google groups could be cool if it is easy to set up, but isn't worth the effort
if it's causing problems.

Manuel.