[lltx] [Fwd: Re: new tlmgr action]

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon May 10 11:32:24 CEST 2010

Le 10/05/2010 11:15, Elie Roux a écrit :
> Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard a écrit :
>> Did you read my previous mails? Did you read "summary of incompatible
>> changes between 0.1x and 0.2" in the Changes file? 0.2 is *not* meant to
>> be backward compatible! It stopped writing things in the callback table
>> on purpose.
>>

> I know that,

Ok, so you consciously unmade a change I did on purpose without discussing it
with me. If that is your vision of collaborative development... For me,
collaborative development implies much more than push access to a repository.

Sorry for answering publicly to a private mail, but by prefering to keep control
over luatexbase for a moment, I'm not acting like a kid not wanting to share his
toy. I think I'm quite a bit more mature than that. Whatever you think, I'm also
more experienced than you with TeX, and working hard to produce quality code.
Please respect that by not insulting me and taking the time to discuss with me
before undoing changes I made in some code. Thanks in advance.

> but my goal was to make a version that works

It doesn't work any better that a fixed 0.1 version would have.

> and that is
> compatible with the master versions of the other packages.

I doubt that unless you carefully checked the list of incompatibilities against
the code of other packages too. (If you did, please inform us, since this would
be good news.)

> I think
> that's what most people want... With this version and the latest code of
> other packages, everything works fine... Now people (and not only you)
> can update their system, test, understand how it works, etc., and we can
> discuss.

We could discuss earlier too.

I could have fixed the know problems and made a clear summary by now if I didn't
lose time and energy with your forking compulsion.

Manuel.