[lltx] directlua

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon May 10 20:32:05 CEST 2010

Le 10/05/2010 20:16, Elie Roux a écrit :
> Ok! Good news. By the way, has there been some updates on the
> \newluatexattribute and \newluatexcatcodetable? There was once the idea
> that it could be renamed \newattribute and \newcatcodetable... I think
> it would be great, but the decision is not mine...

I'm all for \newcatcodetable (and \setcatcodetable accordingly). If everyone
agrees, we can move to it whenever you guys want to.

I'm more reserved on \newattribute. Unlike "catcodetable", "attribute" is a very
generic term, so chances are high it is already used. I grepped CTAN's macros
directory for it, and fortunatly found no match (except of course Heiko's
luatex.sty and packages using it). Unfortunately, at least one class not on CTAN
is already using this name, see:

http://www.e-publications.org/ims/support/
http://www.e-publications.org/ims/support/download/imsart-generic.zip

We have to be aware that this class will be incompatible with luatexbase if we
decide to use \newattribute. I'm not saying it is a showstopper, since we may
also consider that the class is wrong to use such a generic name and should
prefix its internal macros with a unique (or at least non-generic) string.

I must admit I have no strong opinion on this point. I think the decision should
be collective.

Thanks for the reminder,
Manuel.