[lltx] euxunicode

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sun Jun 27 17:48:41 CEST 2010

Am Sun, 27 Jun 2010 18:14:31 +0300 schrieb Khaled Hosny:

>> \ifluatex
>> \def\XeTeXpicfile{}
>> \fi
>> \RequirePackage{xunicode}
>>
>> ?

> This don't look like a good idea to me, what if there is some package or
> user document that checks for \XeTeXpicfile to detect XeTeX?

You can alway reset \XeTeXpicfile to its orginal (perhaps undefined)
value after xunicode has been loaded

> I know every one should be using ifxetex, but xunicode itself
> shows this isn't always true in practice.

Well if xunicode would use ifxetex it would be more problematic to
cheat the test and one would have to be much more careful as this
could really affect a lot of other packages ;-)

--
Ulrike Fischer