[lltx] euxunicode

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Sun Jun 27 17:46:04 CEST 2010

Ulrike Fischer a écrit :
> As far as I understood him (I had written him about it too) he
> simply doesn't want to make the impression that xunicode is lualatex
> compatible when he actually doesn't know it.

Precisely.

> I would say it would be better. There would be only one list of all
> the definitions. And it would mean that xunicode is tested by the
> lualatex users - and so Ross could get some feed back about possible
> problems.
>
> Also it should be easy for xelatex users to try out lualatex. A lot
> of this users load xunicode. One should avoid to force them to
> remove a package or to add a lot of \ifxetex-switches -- not only to
> make life easier for the users but also for people like me who tries
> to explain them how to switch from pdftex to a unicode engine like
> xetex or luatex.

I totally agree with you that there should be a way to load xunicode
with LuaTeX, but, sadly, there is nothing I can do about it... The only
thing we could do is to create a euxunicode package that loads it, so
that it would be common to XeTeX and LuaTeX. Do you (all) think it would
be a good idea to separate euxunicode from euenc? I can't remember the
reasons why we melt it together at the first place...

Thank you,
--
Elie