[lltx] location of font cache /fontspec and microtype
khaledhosny at eglug.org
Fri Jun 25 10:16:29 CEST 2010
On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:35:41PM +0300, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 08:33:54PM +0200, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> > Am Thu, 24 Jun 2010 21:16:00 +0300 schrieb Khaled Hosny:
> > >> Btw: I had some problems to run the mkluatexfontdb script due to
> > >> some dubious (chess) fonts in my system font folder: The script run
> > >> a long time and then failed with a "no memory" message. It worked
> > >> fine after I removed the fonts. Is there somewhere a config file
> > >> "ignore_this_bad_fonts_please.cfg"?
> > >
> > > We currently hard code some known problematic fonts, but such a
> > > blacklisting file is on the todo list.
> > >
> > > What do you thing about a plain text file with file names one per line?
> > > May be with an optional prefix, "file:" (the default) and "name:".
> > Yes, that would be perfect.
> I've a, more or less, working code now, I just need a name for that
> blacklist file (and please no weired, hard to remember names).
Given there were not much suggestions (I should not have talked about
weired names :), I went with otfl-blacklist.cnf.
There can be as much copies of this file as kpse can find (we look for
"tex" format despite of the file extension, so it can exist any where a
.tex file can) and all found files will be loaded an read.
I also dropped the prefix idea, though was already implemented, since
blacklisting fonts by name is not as reliable (we only have access to
postscript names before fully loading the font, but names users expect
The parser is rather dump, it assumes a good formated file; one font
per line, no trailing spaces, no inline comments, lines starting with
"%" and empty lines will be ignored, any other lines will end in the
blacklist table without any further processing.
Arabic localiser and member of Arabeyes.org team
Free font developer
More information about the lualatex-dev