[lltx] luamplig problems

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Tue Jul 27 21:54:45 CEST 2010

Ulrike Fischer a écrit :
> 1. I got an error that \luadirect is undefined. So shouldn't the
> package load luatextra?


That was a mistake in the file, thank you for spotting it! I corrected 
it in the github repository (http://github.com/mpg/luamplib).

> 2. The documentation mentions a luatex-plain.mem file. I could
> generate the file, but I couldn't find out how to tell luamplig to
> actually use it. \mplibsetmemfile looked promising but didn't do
> anything (I used it in the preamble after loading the package). The
> only way I found was to change in luamplig.lua 
>  luamplib.currentmem = "mpost" 
> to 
>  luamplib.currentmem = "luatex-plain". 
> After this change the log-file recorded
>  luamplib: using mem file ./luatex-plain.mem
> But I can't believe that this is the way to go. So how it is done
> correctly?

In fact it was another mistake in the file (I haven't used this package 
for quite a long time) which should also be fixed in the github 
repository. I changed the .mem file to mplib-luatex.mem which is the 
final name of a file that kept on changing name... this one should be 
the good one, we agreed on this with Karl, and it should be present in 
TeXLive 2010. Otherwise the way to go was 
\mplibsetmemfile{luatex-plain}. Anyway, the difference between a 
input(plain) in metapost (the default action when no format is found) 
and using a format is not really noticeable, at least for my files.

If you have feedbacks on the new github version, this would help!

Thank you,

More information about the lualatex-dev mailing list