[lltx] luamplig problems

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Jul 27 17:38:19 CEST 2010

I just tried the package luamplig ([2010/05/10 v1.03 mplib package
for LuaTeX.]), and I have two problems:

1. I got an error that \luadirect is undefined. So shouldn't the
package load luatextra?

2. The documentation mentions a luatex-plain.mem file. I could
generate the file, but I couldn't find out how to tell luamplig to
actually use it. \mplibsetmemfile looked promising but didn't do
anything (I used it in the preamble after loading the package). The
only way I found was to change in luamplig.lua

 luamplib.currentmem = "mpost"
 luamplib.currentmem = "luatex-plain".

After this change the log-file recorded
 luamplib: using mem file ./luatex-plain.mem

But I can't believe that this is the way to go. So how it is done
correctly?

--
Ulrike Fischer