[lltx] Font names database

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Jan 13 18:58:50 CET 2010

Khaled Hosny a écrit :
> I've considered using fontconfig (actually my first version were using
> fc-list to list all system font files), but I disregarded it later as we
> can't guarantee fontconfig (or fontconfig tools) are present on all
> systems, also fontconfig tries to do smart things that wouldn't fit our
> needs and we better off parsing font files ourselves.

Can't we assume fontconfig to be present wherever XeTeX is? But we may want to
be more portable that XeTeX indeed.

Just out of curiosity, which kind of "smart" things is fc trying to do?

> (BTW, I usually use a recent GNU/Linux distro and never use Windows as a
> production system, so I might actually need Windows help more than any
> thing else.)

I can do some testing on windows since I have a few virtual machines running XP
for testing purpose. But don't expect any smart idea form me concerning windows,
I know almost nothing about this system.

Manuel,
who just discovered another windows-specific bug in texdoc :-)