[lltx] luaextra

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Mon Jan 11 13:34:49 CET 2010

2010/1/11 Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org>:

>> BTW, is the table printing function working ok for you? I always have
>> some strange newlines where there shouldn't be...
>
> It seems to work OK here, I think the newlines are TeX cutting the lines
> after certain length, try print() instead of texio.write() and compare.

Thank you for the tip!

> So, what I suggest is to strip the modules out of luaextra.lua and
> replace it with a bunch of require("luaextra-*.lua") calls, and have the
> modules separately. If this OK, I can work on it (once having write
> access to the git repository).

In fact luaextra is quite short compared to the l-*.lua files of
ConTeXt, it contains only a minimal subset, so I think it can be
loaded all at once, which is not really the case of the l-* files...
What I was thinking was to ship the l-* files and to keep the minimal
luaextra functions, but this will introduce code duplication... so
maybe just shipping the l-* files and make luaextra load some of them
with some modifications (I renamed a thing or two, it's written in the
doc) would be OK... Wdyt?

Thank you,
--
Elie