[lltx] luaextra

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon Jan 11 13:26:21 CET 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 01:51:39PM +0200, Élie Roux wrote:
> 2010/1/11 Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org>:
> Oh ok, I see much better now... I think we should replace
>
>     luatextra.provides_module(luatextra_module)
>
> by
>
>     if luatextra then
>         luatextra.provides_module(luatextra_module)
>     end
>
> I'm going to push this now...

Thanks.

> BTW, is the table printing function working ok for you? I always have
> some strange newlines where there shouldn't be...

It seems to work OK here, I think the newlines are TeX cutting the lines
after certain length, try print() instead of texio.write() and compare.

> But anyway, I think having the ConTeXt libraries easily loadable
> without ConTeXt by duplicating them would be a good idea...

So, what I suggest is to strip the modules out of luaextra.lua and
replace it with a bunch of require("luaextra-*.lua") calls, and have the
modules separately. If this OK, I can work on it (once having write
access to the git repository).