[lltx] fontspec CTAN release

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon Feb 15 07:08:47 CET 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 04:14:40PM +1030, Will Robertson wrote:
> On 15/02/2010, at 3:34 PM, Khaled Hosny wrote:

> >> Seems like I'll have to do some debugging for Mac OS X
> [...]
>
> > Could you try my last commits (though I doubt there will be any
> > difference).
>
> Different output on the terminal but I'm afraid I still can't load
> system fonts afterwards:
>
> $ texlua luaotfload-fonts.lua
> luaotfload | Generating font names database.
> luaotfload | Scanning TEXMF fonts:
> [========>                                                                    ]luaotfload-fonts.lua:114: table index is nil

Expected, I just wanted to get the new line number :) Anyway, you seem
to have some font that we can't index, Can you change the log level to 3
(line 23) so that we can know the broken font, and my be sending me a
copy to check myself.

> >> I think the current problem you're having is that fontspec is assuming
> >> for now that all fonts under LuaTeX will be external (at that stage I
> >> didn't think system fonts were feasible for us yet). Will investigate.
> >
> > AFAIK, it doesn't. The following works for me just fine:
> [...]
>
> Purely a coincidence, I think! :)

Well, I can't see where this assumption has been made in the code (I'm
not claiming any understanding of the code though).