[lltx] luamplib problem

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sun Aug 8 11:03:14 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 08/08/2010 10:50 AM, Elie Roux wrote:

>> As you can see, I am running LuaTeX 0.61.0-2010072816. I use luamplib
>> 1.04, dated 2010/08/02. Is there a known incompatability?

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that luatex 0.61.0
uses mplib 1.502, which does not use actual mem files. Not only
that, but at the moment basically only the 'ini_version' mode of mplib
works, so the way to set up a mplib instance with a preloaded set of
macros is like this (ignoring error testing):

     function newmpx (memname)
         local preamble = "let dump = endinput ; input %s ;"
         local mpx = mplib.new {
             ini_version = true,
             find_file = finder, -- change this as needed
         }
         return mpx:execute(string.format(preamble, memname))
     end

Code like this has been added to ConTeXt, but I do not know whether
luamplib has caught up with that yet.

Best wishes,
Taco