[lltx] luamplib problem

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Sun Aug 8 10:50:13 CEST 2010

Ivo Geradts a écrit :
> As a plainTeX user, I am currently experimenting with your macro packages that transfer ConTeXt's luatex functionality to plainTeX (and LaTeX). You have done a wonderfull job. In my first experiments with luaotfload I managed to use the special features of the Zapfino font; I have still to dig deeper, but it all looks very promising.

Hello,

For all those packages, the best mailing solution is
lualatex-dev at googlegroups.com (in copy), on which you'll find all the
authors of the packages you'll be using.

>> \input luamplib.sty
>>
>> aaa bbb
>> \mplibcode
>> 	beginfig(1);
>> 	draw fullcircle scaled 2cm;
>> 	endfig;
>> \endmplibcode
>> ccc ddd
>>
>> \bye
>>

> I get an error message:
>

>> ! LuaTeX error ...e/2009/../texmf-tat/tex/luatex/luamplib/luamplib.lua:74: bad
>> argument #2 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)
>> stack traceback:
>> 	[C]: in function 'format'
>> 	...e/2009/../texmf-tat/tex/luatex/luamplib/luamplib.lua:74: in function 'log'
>> 	...e/2009/../texmf-tat/tex/luatex/luamplib/luamplib.lua:128: in function 'load
>> '
>> 	...e/2009/../texmf-tat/tex/luatex/luamplib/luamplib.lua:170: in function 'proc
>> ess'
>> 	<\directlua >:1: in main chunk.
>> \mplibprocess ...ectlua {luamplib.process([[#1]])}
>>
>> l.8 \endmplibcode
>>

> As you can see, I am running LuaTeX 0.61.0-2010072816. I use luamplib 1.04, dated 2010/08/02. Is there a known incompatability?

luamplib uses luatexbase, the error may come from an outdated one. I
think you should try to update it.

>  Or may this error be caused by missing mem-files? I have no mem-files installed at the moment.

No, it should work anyway.

>  I tried to generate one with luamplib-createmem.lua script, but it did not generate any files.

What is the output of the command?

>  As you wrote the documentation:
>

>> These .mem files are not mandatory though. If this package doesn’t find the mem files, it will just input the .mp file, and work without problem; the only difference is that it may be a bit slower but this is not noticeable on a modern computer.
>>

> I concluded that it is also possible to work without mem-files, but I may be wrong. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

It is, normally...

Thank you,
--
Elie