[latexrefman] jobname

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 06:52:41 CEST 2021

Concerning your statement « as of 2020, the LaTeX people made a change
so that would happen instead », just for my own information: do you
know what they did to get this behaviour.
I had speculated that there would be something like «
{\toks@\expandafter{\jobname}} » inside the \documentclass in order to
ensure the the job is frozen on texput if nothing else was provided.
That seemed the simplest to do. However, no such thing is done, and I
am wondering what sort of intricate trick they have used.
 V.