[latexrefman] inputenc and NBSP

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 22:23:36 CEST 2021

In the node ~we do not mention that with some input encoding (latin9,
utf8 for those which I reglarly use) the NBSP character is available
and can be used instead of  ~. This has both advantages and drawbacks

* it may be easier/more difficult to read/type. For me it is easier,
and even is the main advantage, on my keyboard the NBSP is just
ALT+SPC while typing ~ is less comfortable,  and with Emacs it looks
nicer than a ~.
* drawback : the source code is less portable as NBSP is not the same
code point depending on the coding scheme.

Well, I think that it is still worth mentionning. Any opinion on this?
   V.