[latexrefman] jobname

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 16:26:18 CEST 2021

Just to say that I have done the simple experiment to redefine
\jobname as \def\jobname{\errmessage{something}}, and in a plain
document it fails on the \begin{document}, because this does some
\@input[\jobname.aux}.

So my conclusion is that \documentclass does not expand \jobname. And
therefore I fail to understand how the engine gets that jobname is
texput when the command line arguments begin with a \documentclass{…}