[latexrefman] versions of some of these commands

Hefferon, Jim S. jhefferon at smcvt.edu
Mon Aug 2 23:06:56 CEST 2021

Vincent,

Hope you and your family are well?  The last year was tough, as teaching was very hard for me and took all of my time.

> Some spacing commands are suitable for both regular text and mathematical text; versions of some of these commands are in this chapter.

I don't know.  I *think* it means there are three types of spacing commands (1) math only (2) text only (3 both), but it certainly is an awkward construction.  Perhaps I should change it.

Just in general, I don't see why constructions that are not suitable in other languages have to be translated over.  My personal $0.02 is that if something that is not a technical LaTeX point doesn't suit in French, then let's leave it off.  Of course, you would know better than I.

Regards,
Jim

"The president bears responsibility for Wednesday's attack on Congress by mob rioters. He should have immediately denounced the mob when he saw what was unfolding ... And, a fact-finding commission would be prudent." -- Kevin McCarthy, January 13, 2021