[latexrefman] Job name

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jun 21 19:34:26 CEST 2021

    Subject: [latexrefman] Job name

It looked ok to me in general. I made some small updates (r928).
Usage of "jobname" vs. "job name" seemed rather random; I consolidated
on "jobname". I think it is easier for readers to just use one spelling,
although one could construct distinctions about it.

    The potential problem with the unstarred version of
    @code{\IfBeginWith} is that the @code{-} in @samp{my-doc} has
    catcode at tie{}11, while in @code{\jobname}, if a @code{-} is there then
    it has catcode at tie{}12.

The catcode of - is normally 12:

*\showthe\catcode`-
> 12.

So I deleted that paragraph.

The usual problem with \jobname comparisons is that the catcode of
normal letters is also 12, not 11. I mentioned that briefly. --thanks, karl.