[latexrefman] Getting back into writing

Hefferon, Jim S. jhefferon at smcvt.edu
Mon May 24 18:20:41 CEST 2021

I edited latex2e.texi to have it compile again.  I moved the todo text that was not ASCII into a TODO file.  (I changed the text encoding and set the file to UTF-8, because that is texinfo's new standard, but that is just an experiement and I could go with anything convenient).

I'm really just trying to walk through the steps, to remind myself what needs to be done.  I'd ppreciate being told what missteps I have taken.

Already I see an error, namely that for some reason my commit deleted latex2e-help-texinfo-tree/latex2e/latex2e-figures.  I'll add it back in a little while, when I get back (I have to step out).

Jim