[latexrefman] Suggestion for future update

Pablo González L pablgonz at educarchile.cl
Sat Oct 24 03:02:33 CEST 2020

Thanks for taking into account the suggestion, I take advantage of the same
thread with something related :D

Since this is the (non)official guide of LaTeX and some things have changed
since 2018 and just to leave it present, these are some of the things I pick up:

1. The textcomp package that almost everyone carried in the past does nothing
today :-).
2. The picture environment now supports `calc` style expressions.
3. Mathematical spacing is now also in text mode.
4. The search order for image extensions in `pdftex.pdf` is

  .pdf,.png,.jpg,.mps,.jpeg,.jbig2,.jb2,%
  .PDF,.PNG,.JPG,.JPEG,.JBIG2,.JB2%

if you want to change the order, just use `grfext` pkg.

(I'm not an expert on this, it's just what I remember from ltnews and what I
noticed a few days ago when I read the guide again)
The best
Pablo