[latexrefman] Layout of sectional units

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 18:56:00 CEST 2020

One more thing — as I am revisiting \@@startsection. I came across this:

   @noindent
   redefines @code{\section} to have the form
   @code{\section*[@var{toctitle}]@{@var{title}@}} (here too, the
   star at tie{}@code{*} is optional).

In the French I have this (probably I just clarified it on the fly
when I translated w/o pointing it out to you, or maybe it was changed
to a more obscure phrasing. I did not any archeology on it) :

  @noindent redéfinit @code{\section} en gardant sa forme standarde d'appel
  @code{\section*[@var{titretdm}]@{@var{titre}@}} (…)

which means « redefines @code{\section} with keeping its standard
calling form (…) »

I think that the French phrasing is better, you don't really redefine
it to have (presumably new) form, but instead to keep its standard
form.

Could you please confirm that the rephrasing « redefines
@code{\section} with keeping its standard calling form » is OK in
English.

  V.