[latexrefman] Command vs macro

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 20:56:31 CEST 2020

Hello,

I must admit that I have not yet reverted the two occurrences where you
(Karl) consider that we should keep « command».

Well, I agree, only « fragile commands » is a defined phrase.

But then in the sentence «  to make more commands be safe or…» (current
why not just « robust » ?

I think that an example is the definiton of \caption, where \label is
redefined as \let\label\@gobble to play no havoc.

BTW, this doing makes it impossible for packages like cleveref to
redefine \label with an optional argument to work properly in some
cases. LaTeX kernel should have some \neuratalize at label hook instead of
directly \let\label\@gobble, then \neuratalize at label would be defined as
\def\neutralize at label{\let\label\@gobble}, so this way cleveref would
just have to redefine \neutralize at label to make neutralized \label to
also admit an opt arg.

   V.