[latexrefman] filecontents

John H Lienhard lienhard at mit.edu
Mon Mar 2 00:19:39 CET 2020

http://tug.org/texinfohtml/latex2e.html#filecontents

Hi —

Thanks for posting and maintaining this manual. I have found it useful many times.

In the discussion of filecontents, the following text appears:

"There is a filecontents package that redefines the filecontents environment so that instead of doing nothing in that case, it will overwrite the existing file.”

The current Latex kernel disables the filecontents package when it is loaded:

Package filecontents Warning: This package is obsolete. Disabling it and
(filecontents)                passing control to the filecontents environment
(filecontents)                defined by the LaTeX kernel.

Unless I am missing something, the manual may need to be updated here.

Regards
John Lienhard