[latexrefman] Add Arrows subsection

Hefferon, Jim S. jhefferon at smcvt.edu
Mon Nov 12 16:55:59 CET 2018

> I can work on this if you like, although if one of you wants to make the
plain TeX definitions to access them, so much the better. And/or, if
anyone could look up the Unicode code points (which I presume we'd want
for the HTML output), that would be great.

\DeclareMathSymbol\mho     {\mathord}{lasy}{"30}
\DeclareMathSymbol\Join    {\mathrel}{lasy}{"31}
\DeclareMathSymbol\Box     {\mathord}{lasy}{"32}
\DeclareMathSymbol\Diamond {\mathord}{lasy}{"33}
\DeclareMathSymbol\leadsto {\mathrel}{lasy}{"3B}
\DeclareMathSymbol\sqsubset{\mathrel}{lasy}{"3C}
\DeclareMathSymbol\sqsupset{\mathrel}{lasy}{"3D}
\DeclareMathSymbol\lhd     {\mathbin}{lasy}{"01}
\DeclareMathSymbol\unlhd   {\mathbin}{lasy}{"02}
\DeclareMathSymbol\rhd     {\mathbin}{lasy}{"03}
\DeclareMathSymbol\unrhd   {\mathbin}{lasy}{"04}

I made up a lasyfont.tex and a test file that I think shows it works.  But I have no idea what to do with it, to make it work with texinfo.

The Unicode code points are already in the .texi file, but at this point the second argument to the BES macros are empty.  Consequently the characters don't appear in the .pdf.  It'd be nice if they appeared.

Jim

========== lasyfont.tex ==============
% this is lasyfont.tex JH 2018-Nov-12, from wasyfont.tex
\font\tenlasy = lasy10
% \font\ninelasy = lasy9
% \font\eightlasy = lasy8
% \font\sevenlasy = lasy7
% \font\fivelasy = lasy5
\newfam\lasyfam
\newcount\lasyfamcount
\lasyfamcount=\lasyfam \multiply\lasyfamcount by 256
\def\lasy{\fam\lasyfam\tenlasy}
\textfont\lasyfam=\tenlasy
% \scriptfont\lasyfam=\sevenlasy
% \scriptscriptfont\lasyfam=\fivelasy
%%% chars
\def\mho{\hbox{\lasy\char"30}}
\def\Join{\hbox{\lasy\char"31}}
\def\Box{\hbox{\lasy\char"32}}
\def\Diamond{\hbox{\lasy\char"33}}
\def\leadsto{\hbox{\lasy\char"3B}}
% \def\sqsubset{\hbox{\lasy\char"3C}}
% \def\sqsupset{\hbox{\lasy\char"3D}}
% \def\lhd{\hbox{\lasy\char"01}}
% \def\unlhd{\hbox{\lasy\char"02}}
% \def\rhd{\hbox{\lasy\char"03}}
% \def\unrhd{\hbox{\lasy\char"04}}
%%%%%% math operators as mathchars
\def\lasymathchardef#1#2{%
    \count255=\lasyfamcount
    \advance\count255 by"#1
    \mathchardef#2\count255}
\lasymathchardef{3001}{\lhd}
\lasymathchardef{3003}{\rhd}
\lasymathchardef{3002}{\unlhd}
\lasymathchardef{3004}{\unrhd}
\lasymathchardef{303C}{\sqsubset}
\lasymathchardef{303D}{\sqsupset}
%

============== testplain.tex =============
\input lasyfont

These are the characters described in {\it The LATEX symbol fonts} by Frank.

mho:~\mho{}
Join:~\Join{}
Box:~\Box{}
Diamond:~\Diamond{}