[latexrefman] Looking for feedback on URL scheme for split pages

Hefferon, Jim S. jhefferon at smcvt.edu
Sun Sep 9 12:30:53 CEST 2018

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/@import

Ah, I got that from *CSS: The Missing Manual* and there are no quotes there.  I guess that's wrong because the standard has the quotes: https://www.w3.org/TR/css-cascade-3/#at-import.

> Minor: maybe the name latexreflocal.css would be better.

Good.

>     In place of backslash I have "cmd-"

> Maybe only the first backslash should be replaced by cmd-, all others
> dropped. Seems especially redundant in
> cmd-alph-cmd-Alph-cmd-arabic-cmd-roman-cmd-Roman-cmd-fnsymbol.html

I'm trying to make the url easy to guess or recognize.  More rules, while making the URL shorter, make it less easy to guess, I'd guess.

> For the version we put on latexref.xyz, I think we should distribute the
> files with the original Texinfo names (just in case of xrefs from other
> manuals), plus the other stuff to make the nice names.

You'll see from the stuff I uploaded last night that I've left in files with the _00xx  names.

> What does an ls of the directory of nice names look like?

>     - at anchor{Starting & ending}@c old name
>     + at c 2018-Sep-02 JH redundant on URL scheme @anchor{Starting & ending}@c old name

> It's not redundant for original Texinfo. But ok, I suppose there is
> basically zero chance of anyone caring about the old name.

What I meant is: the script converts "Starting-_0026-ending.html" to "starting-and-ending.html", which is the same output as from as "Starting and ending.html".

(As an aside grumble: that I could see @anchor(..) always makes a file-moved .html file.  It'd be nice if there was an @ command that made anchors without making the page.)

Jim

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_B_personality_disorders