[latexrefman] Math functions and Math accents

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 17:32:37 CEST 2018

Hello Jim,

@BES{x,y}, is that x is the unicode code point in hexadecimal notation,
and y the TeX macro.

2115'h = 8469
https://unicode-table.com/fr/search/?q=8469

That should be unicode symbol ℕ, ie \mathbb{N} in LaTeX, but I don't
know how you make it in TeX, and you probably need to load some specific
font.

Concerning MathJax, I don't think that this would be the best joice for
Texinfo, because MathJax is written in Javascript, AFAIK, but the
Texinfo HTML compiler is written in Perl

There are some perl module that do the same as MathJaX, see
https://dlmf.nist.gov/LaTeXML/

However, I am not sure that they are as powerful as MathJaX (or maybe
they are more powerful… )

An alternative for rendering equations from a PERL script would be to do
system calls use pdflatex + preview + ghostrcipt to get a PNG picture
that can be embedded in the HTML output.

   V.