[latexrefman] node "(latex2e) thebibliography" and "Tame the beast"

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 09:03:47 CEST 2017

Comments below,

Le 09/10/2017 à 00:49, Karl Berry a écrit :
>     I am in opinion to remove alltogether that sort of tip.
>
> Ok.
>
>     Maybe we should make a reference to the tamethebeast document which
>
> I don't mind, although I'm not enthusiastic about it either, since it
> hasn't been updated since 2009.

I have written to the author. I will see if we can add a trick about the
section title stuff.

> Making references to unmaintained documents has its problems, even
> when the underlying software (bibtex) doesn't change.

Let us see with TameTheBeast what happens.

BTW, do you know where the ``official'' bibtex project lies ? I found some
http://www.bibtex.org/ site over the Internet, but it seems to be more
some informational site pointing at a variety of tools and giving some
information how to create a .bib database.

Well, I don't know which one is official between Oren Patashnik original
bibtex which for years has not released version 1.0, and the a bibtex8
tool by Niel Kempson & Alejandro Aguilar-Sierra. I don't know either
where their respective source forge is ?

  V.

> Whatever ... --thanks, k.

---