[latexrefman] [latexrefman-commits] [SCM] latexrefman updated: r590 - trunk

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 18:15:36 CEST 2017

Hello Karl & Jim,

Sorry for the @dmn{}, in French we have it, after all this is a unit,
isn't it :

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pourcentage#Notation

I will remove this @dmn{} as well as restoring the cmss/cmtt. cmr is
still there, only cmss & cmtt were removed, maybe to encourage the
switch to Latin Modern --- I don't know, I am not the one who removed them.

The percents were added by Jim in r361, see
http://svn.gnu.org.ua/viewvc/latexrefman/trunk/latex2e.texi?r1=361&r2=360

Personnally, I don't think that it was a bad idea, because anyway the
current text says that this is just informative, and not followed by all
font.

The cmss & cmtt were removed by Jim in r362, see
http://svn.gnu.org.ua/viewvc/latexrefman/trunk/latex2e.texi?r1=361&r2=362

I agree with you Karl that  for consistency cmss & cmtt should be restored.

   Vincent.

Le 22/08/2017 à 00:50, Karl Berry a écrit :
> Yes, cmr/cmss/cmtt should be in (restored to) the \fontfamily table,
> as far as I can see.
>
>      + at tab Ultra condensed, 50 at dmn{}%
>
> Any extra before % is not conventional in English.
>
> Inependently of that, I don't see that those percentages are useful to
> state. I am skeptical that there is a single font in the world which
> follows them. 112.5%? Who are we kidding? I'm not sure who added them,
> but if it was me, I think I was wrong to do so.  -k
Jim added them.

---