[latexrefman-discuss] Permission to reproduce

Poppyschmo poppyschmo at domain.hid
Thu Jan 12 22:52:38 CET 2017

Hello all,

This is my second attempt at reaching out in as many weeks, so hopefully this one gets through. Firstly, thanks for actively maintaining this project. As an infrequent LaTeX user, I find it invaluable.

I wanted to alert you to a recent "issues" thread in the github repo for a popular Vim plugin called "vimtex." To summarize, the plugin's author and a user are spitballing re various "go-to-docs" solutions they might implement as a feature. Naturally, latexrefman is nominated as a prospective documentation source. Basically, they're wondering what sort of formal permission they'd need if this is indeed their chosen course.

FYI, I'm not the plugin's author, just an interested third party. (I made the conversion tool which would ostensibly be used to produce the Vim-formatted version of refman.)

Also, a quick note re the unlikely event that my older email somehow surfaces: I was initially seeking permission to include a converted before/after sample from refman (my chosen "reference implementation") in my "texi2html-to-vimhelp" utility but have since opted to go another way. Please disregard any belated supplications on the matter if any emerge from the ether.

Thanks,
Jayne

The thread: https://github.com/lervag/vimtex/issues/655