[latexrefman-discuss] Translation to French of "moving argument"

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at domain.hid
Fri Nov 18 11:05:41 CET 2016

Dear Karl,

Answers below...

Le 16/11/2016 à 00:01, Karl Berry a écrit :
>     I would like to publish the current manual in French
>
> Great. Congratulations.
>
>     So, now I am trying to get your opinion, you native English speakers,
>
> Well, this English speaker certainly has no objection to your proposal,
> though I don't think my opinion means anything.

But that is all the opposite : your opinion means a lot to me. It is
alway a difficult decision to change a tradition, because you have to be
quite sure of your point.

> Perhaps it would be worth asking other French-speaking TeXxies -- there
> must be some general list for TeX discussion in French?  There used to
> be fr.comp.text.tex, don't know if it's still active ... --best, karl.

Yes, fr.comp.text.tex is still there, and still very active. I had done
that, I made a summary of the discusion in my answer to Johannes. The
discussion was not very conclusive apart from the conclusion which I
gave myself sticking to my point.

Anyway README-fr will explain those few terms where I depart from the
usual French translation.

   Vincent.

---