[latexrefman-discuss] Fwd: REVIEW REQUEST - user manual generation

Gavin Smith gavinsmith0123 at domain.hid
Mon May 9 21:21:26 CEST 2016

On 9 May 2016 at 14:03, Vincent Belaïche <vincent.belaiche at domain.hid> wrote:
> Hello Gavin,
>>
>> Latest version at
>>
>> http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/trunk/util/texi2dvi?revision=7147&root=texinfo&view=markup
>
> Ok,
>
> I have done the following modifications:
>
> 1) use sed instead of grep to test whether the filename has funny
>    characters
>    => this way tangling with LC_ALL is not needed, neither running under
>    round-bracketed subshell

I used LC_ALL so that [a-z] does the right thing (match 26 lower-case
characters from a to z). Apparently this can break depending on locale
settings. Are you saying that sed treats it differently?

> 2) Choose the egroup character
>    => so you could have '>' in the filename
>    (*nix only, > is not a valid filename char in MSW)

I don't think we can use the ${PARAMETER:OFFSET:LENGTH} feature of
bash as it's a bash extension to the Bourne shell.