[l2h] Wrong figure numbers in figure captions when I attempted to have my figures automatically numbered using ~\ref..... commands in my .tex file

Pat Somerville l_pat_s at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 18 00:17:03 CET 2013

Sorry, in writing "http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=minxampl,
which matches the
Web address I cited above"
(http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=minxampl) I was wrong.
Looking closely at those two Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) the second one
has .../faq/... in it while the first one does not.  So they don't match
after all.  Furthermore while online I found that I could enter the URL
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=minxampl into my Mozilla
Firefox-18 Web browser and "reach" that corresponding Web page on the
Internet.  So another correction to my earlier writing is that by the entry
of that single URL into a Web browser on January 17, 2013 I could directly
reach the corresponding Web page.  Sorry, I made those errors.  I noticed
the difference in those two URLs after I received an electronic-mail letter
kindly written to me by Robin Fairbairns.

Another point is that I figured out that it may have been about 18-27 days
before January 16, 2013 when I had trouble getting figures to be
automatically numbered in a document.  So that is more precise than "weeks
or months" that I mentioned in my next-earlier electronic-mail letter in
this "chain" of electronic-mail letters.

Pat