[l2h] Problem using -dir to send output to different directory than default

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sun Jun 3 16:23:45 CEST 2012

Normally I generate HTML from my latex into a subdir,
with the default name as the document using the following:

----------------------------
rm -rf foo; latex2html -no_reuse -subdir foo.tex
----------------------------

The reason I delete the directory foo/ before is so that
latex2html do not complain that the directory exist,
and asks what I need to do, since I am running these in script

i.e. using the above, I avoid seeing this:

-------------------------------------
Cannot create directory foo/: File exists
(r) Reuse the images in the old directory OR
(d) *** DELETE *** THE CONTENTS OF KERNEL2/  OR
(q) Quit ?
--------------------------------------

So, the above all works well.

Now, I noticed a different behavior when I tried to
send the output to a directory different from the default 'foo/'

I am now not able to avoid the above message using
these commands:

-------------------------
rm -rf foo2; latex2html -no_reuse -dir foo2 -mkdir foo.tex
rm -rf foo2; latex2html -no_reuse -mkdir -subdir -dir foo2 foo.tex
---------------------------------

I still get

Cannot create directory foo2/: File exists
(r) Reuse the images in the old directory OR
(d) *** DELETE *** THE CONTENTS OF KERNEL2/  OR
(q) Quit ?

So strange.

By more trial and error, I found that if I do NOT use
the -no_reuse then it works!

------------------------------------
rm -rf foo2; latex2html  -mkdir -subdir -dir foo2 foo.tex

Now, Latex2html do NOT ask me what to do as before.

But why it asks the question in the first case? since I
deleted the folder before? It seems it created the folder
again somewhere in the process.

It seems to be a bug? What do the experts think?

I am using LaTeX2HTML Version 2008 (1.71) on
Linux mint 13.

--Nasser