[l2h] Black bars under integral signs

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Thu Apr 14 07:04:59 CEST 2011

On 4/13/2011 7:10 PM, Pat Somerville wrote:

> please note your versions of latex2html and dvips or dvips(k) by looking at
> the latex2html output after inputting a latex2html... command.   Also please
> type "netpbm -version" and "perl -v" and report your respective installed
> versions of Netpbm and Perl to me.  Thanks.

The netpbm -version command does not work on my linux box. But below I
show the version number of the software on my linux.

But based on what Shigeharu just said earlier, I tried different options,
and indeed found if one uses  "math" in the l2h command, then the black line
does show up. Regadless if it is html 3.2 or 4.

Here are the examples tried and the html output. Only when "math" is used,
does the black line shows up. And it only shows up with centered equation
(i.e. \[ ... \])

So, are you using "math" option in your l2h command? If so, may be try
without this option. I do not use it myself.

----------------
latex2html -info 0 -reuse 0 -no_subdir -local_icons -short_extn -html_version 3.2,math t.tex
http://12000.org/my_notes/l2hwin/black_lines_under_integral/black_with_32_math/t.htm
-------------------

----------------
latex2html -info 0 -reuse 0 -no_subdir -local_icons -short_extn -html_version 4,math t.tex
http://12000.org/my_notes/l2hwin/black_lines_under_integral/black_with_4_html/t.htm
-------------------------

-----------------------
latex2html -info 0 -reuse 0 -no_subdir -local_icons -short_extn -html_version 3.2 t.tex
http://12000.org/my_notes/l2hwin/black_lines_under_integral/no_black_32_html/t_no_black_32_html.htm
----------------------------

----------------------
latex2html -info 0 -reuse 0 -no_subdir -local_icons -short_extn -html_version 4 t.tex
http://12000.org/my_notes/l2hwin/black_lines_under_integral/no_black_4_html/t.htm
---------------------------

Here are the version numbers I have:

$ netpbm -version
netpbm: command not found

But below are more version numbers.

-------------------
  $ perl -v
This is perl, v5.10.1 (*) built for i686-linux-gnu-thread-multi
-----------------

---------------------------
Generating postscript images using dvips ...
This is dvips(k) 5.98 Copyright 2009 Radical Eye Software (www.radicaleye.com)
------------------------------

pstoimg V2008 (Revision 1.19, Perl 5.010001)

GPL Ghostscript 8.71 (2010-02-10)

The log file (from latex2html -debug) is here:

http://12000.org/my_notes/l2hwin/black_lines_under_integral/log.txt

HTH,

--Nasser