[l2h] Black bars under integral signs when the limits of integration are -\infty and +\infty or an algebraic fraction for each of the upper and lower limits

Pat Somerville l_pat_s at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 07:29:35 CEST 2011

Hello. I am using LaTeX2e, the September 24, 2009 version and LaTeX2HTML version 2008 (1.71). A typical latex2html command I have been using for a long time has been of the form "latex2html -nonavigation -no_math -html_version 3.2,math -split 0 LaTeXfile.tex" with LaTeXfile.tex just a made-up file name. In my file of the form LaTeXfile.tex containing an equation containing an integral sign with a LaTeX command like \int\limits_{-\infty}^{+\infty}..... I found a black bar underneath in the integral sign in the corresponding .html file produced with a latex2html command. The same thing happened when each of the limits of integration contained an algebraic fraction. But there was no black bar underneath an integral sign for the case \int\limits_{0}^{\tau _u}..... Important: The general cases that did have the black bars which I mentioned here are the only recent general cases in which I have recently noticed such black bars underneath images. Oh, two more things to mention are that A) I have been generating .png (which I think might stand for Portable Network Graphics) images and that I have been using LaTeX and LaTeX2HTML in an OpenSUSE-11.3 Linux operating system that I periodically updated, but haven't yet switched to OpenSUSE 11.4 which might have been released in March of 2011.

Question: What can I do to eliminate all of such examples of unwanted black bars underneath some of the integral signs?

Thanks in advance for help.

Pat