[l2h] Double-spacing command in a .tex file worked in a .dvi file using LaTeX 2e, but not in a .html file using LaTeX2HTML 1.70.

Finn Aarup Nielsen fn at imm.dtu.dk
Fri Aug 20 16:58:52 CEST 2010

Dear Pat,

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010, Pat Somerville wrote:

> But this same sort of thing did not work in the .css file corresponding to a
> .tex file containing simplified-Chinese text and the commands
> \usepackage{CJKutf8} plus one or more pairs of \begin{CJK}{UTF8}{gbsn} and
> \end{CJK} commands.  I think the reason is likely because each one of the
> CJK segments of text corresponding to each one of those pairs of CJK
> commands resulted in LaTeX2HTML producing a .png (Portable Network Graphics)
> image file.  I suppose that those already-generated .png files are then like
> "locked boxes" to the .css file such that the contents of those .png files
> cannot be altered at that point in time by a "body{line-height: 2;}" command
> in the .css file.

CSS should have no effect on the content of the generated image files.
What is in the PNG files is based on Latex.

For mathematical expressions in Latex you can give -no_math parameter to
tell latex2html that you do not want to generate images for mathematics
but instead try to convert it to text if possible. I do not know if
something similar is possible for CJK package.

To generate PDF you should also be able to do this directly:

pdflatex DiscussionOfMatricesAll.tex

regards
Finn

          Finn Aarup Nielsen, DTU Informatics, Denmark
  Lundbeck Foundation Center for Integrated Molecular Brain Imaging
    http://www.imm.dtu.dk/~fn/      http://nru.dk/staff/fnielsen/