[l2h] Some bitmapped images produced by latex2html contain solid edge at the bottom of the image

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Thu Nov 12 21:43:45 CET 2009

From: "Shigeharu TAKENO" <shige at iee.niit.ac.jp>
To: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
Cc: <latex2html at tug.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:46 AM
Subject: Re: [l2h] Some bitmapped images produced by latex2html contain
solid edge at the bottom of the image

> shige 11/12 2009
> ----------------
>
> I think your problem is similar to:
>
> [l2h] cropping bars --- problem persists :(
> http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/latex2html/2003-February/002205.html
>
> Perhaps someone may help you if we can read your LaTeX source file.

Thank you Shigeharu;

Yes, that definitely looks like the same problem.

I have the same PC, same utilities, same latex file.

tex4ht can process the file, and I do not see those thick bars at the edges
of some of the bitmapped images, but with latex2html, they come up.

same MikTex 8.2, same gohstscript, gnuwin32, same perl, etc...

So this has to do with how latex2html generates those bitmapped. some
configuration or options being passed to some of the image conversion
programs being used in the process is different from how tex4ht does it.
Else why would this show up only when using  l2h and not with tex4ht?

I'll make a small latex file with an image and put all the output generated
and the logs etc... in a zip file and post it somewhere to download, may be
someone can look at it.

Is there someone one is supposed to post bugs for latex2html?

I hope this program is being maintained by someone. I wish I can read Perl
good enough to be able to examine the code.

--Nasser