[l2h] Images of character have an underscore

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Sat Feb 14 02:13:19 CET 2009

Bill,

Some time ago (actually, a few years ago) I have experienced the same problem,
also using Linux box and Kile for the editor.  On this mailing list I got
some advice from Prof ShigeruTekeno on this mailing list.  Ah, I was going to
say that  I don't remember what it was, but I just found his email:

Algis Kabaila <akabaila at pcug.org.au> said:
> subscribe to this list.  I did encounter  some mysterious glitches  in
> conversion of formulae into html, using latex3html and would like to find
out
> any possible methods to avoid those glitches.

I saw your page:

 http://www.pcug.org.au/~akabaila/Main/node14.html

If the problem you said is the black bottom bar in the image,
please try to remove '-Ppdf' option from the variable $DVIPSOPT
defined in your l2hconf.pm file.

 cf. http://tug.org/pipermail/latex2html/2006-March/thread.html

 Shigeharu TAKENO     NIigata Institute of Technology
                       kashiwazaki,Niigata 945-1195 JAPAN
 shige at iee.niit.ac.jp   TEL(&FAX): +81-257-22-8161
+

I followed the advice and all came apples!  Of course, in the changing world
of Linux it may have changed - I used suse xx.x at the time (now
openSUSE10.3), but do not remember more details.

I might add that I am ignorant of Perl and thus of l2h.

HTH,

OldAl.