[l2h] latex2html

Shigeharu TAKENO shige at iee.niit.ac.jp
Sun Sep 17 10:34:23 CEST 2006

shige 09/17 2006
----------------

Berend van Wachem <berend at chalmers.se> wrote:
| >> I did get latex2html working, but it shows a dark line on the left
| >> and bottom of all my equations and symbols. Is this a problem with
| >> latex2html or netpbm?

When latex2html makes images, it adds some margins and black
lines to them firstly, and cuts off the lines by "pnmcrop".
Remaining lines means the failure of the cutting off them.

Several reasons may cause the problem.

1) In the case your l2hconf.pm has the line

 $DVIPSOPT .= " -Ppdf";

please remove (or comment out) the line.

2) In the case you use old version of latex2html and new version
of netpbm, please use the latest latex2html (latex2html-2002-2-1),
or modify the pnmcrop option in pstoimg appropriately.

3) In the case you use some special font, see

4) In the case you use some special command such as \smash, you
may use \latexhtml command defined in html package to workaround
it.

If your equation touch (or cross) the black line, the problem may
be by the reason 3) or 4). If not, it may be by 1) or 2).