[l2h] problem with translating ps figures

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed Jan 4 19:39:05 CET 2006

I have been having some troubles translating postscript figures in
latex2html.  I am getting simple gray boxes as output.  But what's
most frustrating is that I can actually translate the figures by hand,
into perfectly acceptable gifs using the following snippet:

gs -q -DNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=ppmraw -r$R -sOutputFile='|pnmcrop|ppmtogif
-interlace > $file.gif' -- $file

Unfortunately, I don't see any obvious way to either fix what
latex2html is doing, or to simply say "here are a bunch of figure
files --- don't bother translating yourself, just use these."

Can anyone help me with this?

thanks,